Wednesday 6 February 2013

How Many Red Lipsticks Do You Need?

Tons.
Basically.
 
I was going through my drawers checking a few things and realised I really do own a lot of red lipsticks.
To the untrained eye (mostly the boyf's) this is madness - they are all 'the same'.
No no no no no.
EVERY ONE IS ESSENTIAL!
 
Here's a few faves, and exactly why they are all oh so very different.
 
 
Ooooh you beauties....
 



 
Right, first up - Revlon Lip Butters... Lollipop and Berry Smoothie
the finish of a lip butter is shiny, and balmy - or buttery you may say (see what I did there) with a good pigmentation, both Lollipop and Berry (as the name says) very different - Lollipop is a hot pink colour - warm and vibrant with Berry being a lot deeper and rich.
 
Revlon Matte Red - GORGEOUS. One of my faves. Staying power like no tomorrow, super pigmented orange- red and a go-to work shade (if your daring enough) without breaking the bank either.
No7 - the name escapes me  (sorry!) I wanted a more neutral red -a 'lips but better colour' this did the trick nicely also a good work shade!
 
 
New CiD or <id (?)  again a hot red, easy to apply, this served me well on a fancy dress night as has a handy mirror and light - yup a light!!
Illamasqua - my FAVE brand - Drench and Sangers. Dench is a darker
Sangers has been likened to MACs Russian Red - which I dont own, Sangers is slightly orangey in comparison to Drench, with a sheer finish. I likey. 
 
MAC - gotta have a MAC red in there somewhere right!
Ruby Woo. Bloody gorgeous.
A faultless matte red. True blue toned Stunning. 'Nuff Said.
 
I'd like to point out theres about another 4/5 reds I own which I haven't included.
Love a red lippie me
 
Do you have any multiple shades of____?
Whats your favourite red lippie?
 
x

1 comment:

  1. I love red lips, on other people lol For some reason I just don't like them on myself. Maybe I feel a bit conspicuous and I like to blend into the background mostly. I think I maybe could wear the top right one on a night out, but that's as noticeable as I would go. I'm a sad case aren't i? :)
    Angela x

    http://british-bargains-and-beauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete