Monday 4 February 2013

Illamasqua Eyeshadows Swatched and Reviwed

Well as promised I have some lovely bright swatches from the lovely Illamasqua sale! One of the best things about this brand is their lack of fear in what they make. Never ones to 'go with the flow' their whole ethos as a company is right up my street.
 
Here's the set of greens I got my mits on this time:


 
Hype - super pigmented as ever with Illamasqua, bright vivid acid yellow, this is not for the feint hearted! A lot of people I don't think use yellow, but this is such a fab colour to highlight the corner of the eye - and a yellow will also make the whites of your eyes brighter!
 
Pivot - a lime green, again a huge pop of colour, and matte, like the others. super bendable.
 
Fame - a grass green colour, bright and on the happy scale of green as with the other two.
 
Fledgling - this I'd call a more muted forest green, on the darker side for sure.
 
Taboo - another shade darker, excellent for under the eye, especially as a liner. Super with green or brown eyes.
 
Burst - probably my favourite from this set. A blue/green and very rich. stunning colour on which i know I'll use regularly.
 
  
 
NEXT!
 
Apex - BRIGHT orange, very bright - this will be fun to play with!
 
Angst - deep red, I'm nervous about this slightly more as red eye shadows instantly turn to 'punched eyes' which I'd like to avoid but with the yellows and orange should interesting!
 
Imagine -  baby blue, cant remember wearing baby blue eyeshadow apart from when i was about 14. Probably best we don't relive it and try and re invent it maybe! 
 
Never - is a stunning navy blue, much more my hue and hoping I can pull off...
 
Inception - purple/lilac with cooler tones I'd say. Probably not my norm colour to go for but again it makes me want to play!
 
Lestat - a deep black. simple. Always have a black in your make up (I have many)
 
All in all these are some shades I both love already, and know I will grow to love.
The joy of the brand is its about being more adventurous, playing and learning and experimenting.
 
Check them out here at Illamasqua.
 
So I better get started!
 
I'll separately swatch the lipstick, inks and brow cakes....watch this space!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment