Sunday 21 April 2013

My First Birchbox

So Birchbox are the new Joliebix really. And I thought as there was a nice cheap dealio on I'd see what they'd do to impress me....

Ill keep the post short as its nice and sunny and I'd rather be outside ;-)

The box itself isn't exciting I assume its recycled cardboard (I'd hope) and not nearly as fancy as the Pearl Lowe Glossybox!
Inside you get a magazine, contents card and an introduction to Birchbox.
All items are in a bag, tied up, I don't like the bag. I don't know why it's jus unnecessary really.

Contents....

La Société Parisienne De Savons - soap. The packaging is cute - vintage-esque but soap? A hard soap too? Back of the drawer product for me I'm afraid.

Nick Chavez Plump n'leave-in thickening mist. This is a good size sample at 59ml, smells nice enough and i will try it out - I always neglect my hair so this is an encouragement.

Gerda Spillman Age Serum - a tiny sample, but at £69 full size I, it surprised by its size. I also can say without trying it - not a purchase I'd be making. 'Hero serum' we shall see....3ml of hero to try...

Weleda Skin Food - weleda seems to pop up in a lot of boxes these days and I don't really have an opinion on them as a brand yet. This is dry skin fix item, not something I have a problem with so ill save I imagine.

Mirenesse Glossy kiss - the only make up item in the box is yet another brands chubby stick, in no.14 perfect kiss, this is a red with a gold shimmer. Tis nice enough and well pigmented. This is a full size item at £17.50.

As a bonus 'lifestyle extra' a round mirror. I thought this was actually a badge when I opened the box. Bit naff really - will pass it off to the little one ;-)

All in all it's OK. I'm not overly enamoured by it but to be honest I think with the amount of boxes available these days nothing's going to have the wow factor....

 

Did you get a birch box?? What do you think?

 

2 comments:

  1. I wasn't impressed with this months box either. Soap... was a little lame as you said will sit at the back of a draw. Maybe I'll gift it to someone (of course with something else) haha
    http://cutepandaa.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a great box this month, the lip crayon looks ok though!

    ReplyDelete