Friday 25 May 2012

MAC Paintpot Rubenesque vs Benefit Sippin n' Dippin



Just wanted to post a blog of two delicious cream eyeshadows, which are super similar....


I love MAC paint pots. Mostly because I love cream shadows. I don't know why I do, I always get frustrated that they dont blend as well, and they tend to crease over the course of the day, but, I still love them! Saying that, these dont crease, they nearly always stay put, maybe thats because I use it as a base rather than a solid colour...

So, we have MAC Paintpot in Rubenesque - £14.50  and Benefits Creaseless cream shadow/liner in  Sippin' n Dippin'  £14.

So right off the mark, price difference is minimal. MAC weighing 5g and the Benefit 4.5g. again minimal difference

I love these colours...love them.

Beautiful warm golden coppers, very very similar, the MAC is the lighter by a smidge, but still very pretty and the more you use the deeper the colour.

Texture wise, the MAC is the pot is hard to the touch, whereas the Benefit is very creamy, allowing more pigmentation in one sweep which I like.

They both dry soft and silky and don't budge, I always apply with a finger as the warmth through the product makes it easier to apply, then I'd blend the edges with a brush, or smudge sponge.

These both make for a fantastic base before applying shadows on top, make the colours really shine with warmth.


Top photo natural light...
Photos below; with and without flash...



I love them both, but I have parted with the MAC so it can be loved by another. I have no need for two items nearly identical.

All in all, two shadows, nearly identical, both beauts - its pure label fever....

What do you prefer?

No comments:

Post a Comment