Tuesday 1 May 2012

The Very First Lux Box

Well, here we have it the long awaited LuxBox!

After initially being told we would have it by the weekend, postie arrived some time Monday afternoon with my long awaited box!

The only reason I bought this was it was the FIRST box, which they should really be trying to impress with. and because they where offering a discount.

I actually bought two, but I have recently befriended a lovely french lady who has agreed to swap this box for La Boite à Beauté! An organic beauty box from France! (watch this space for the big reveal!)

So here we go....!



Standard Beauty Box packaging really...



.
I like that the inside of the box is black, but again. no real changes or differences to others!


TADA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Inside we have:

2x1g BM Beauty Eyeshadow Pigments in 'Her Majesty' and 'Wolf Howl'
Eldora Lashes in H101 - I have 5 diff Eldora lashes...
Steam Cream - love this stuff...just like LUSH dream cream YUMMERS
Balance Me Wonder Eye Cream - love an eye cream
MOA The Green Balm - The 'Miricalous' Balm

So - 6 items, 2 full size (not that theres sample lashes I'm sure) pretty good your thinking....?!
Well...here's the killer.....
Apart from the Wonder Eye Cream, ALL these items have been in other boxes.

Now, I personally don't find it too much of a problem as I will use them ALL, however, that's probably because I have already had them, and know I like them.
So I haven't really tried anything new here.

The Eye Cream, I haven't specifically tried this cream but the Balance Me range has been featured in other boxes.


A lot of people like the items, and were upset when Carmine failed to let us all have the Steam Cream, so this should please some.

I think they have done well to get so many different variations of colours of the shadow...seems to be quite a few about and its also nice to have two..so you can create a look rather than plastering one colour...

Lashes where quite dramatic and definitely wont be to every ones tastes.
The rest is very easy going stuff. I'd say 6/10 for you  LuxBox!




All in all, though I am happy with the contents as I've just replenished stocks of items I'd have bought anyways, its a shame there wasn't really anything actually NEW......I wonder what next month with bring.....
I really hope my French counterpart likes it!

Did you get a LuxBox? What do you think?!

3 comments:

  1. http://dorothyslittlewonderland.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/another-mystery-box.html this is my thoughts, Larren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I will receive it soon in France from my correspondent :-). I am a bit dissapointed as I was hopping luxurious products... and I am not a false lashes girl. But I look forward to try the steamcream and the balance me cream. I cancel my subscription for the luxbox and I want to try a new one. What do you advise me ?
    thanks
    by the way, for the one interested by french boxes, here is the link to find a beauty correspondent. I will send the french glossy box to my english correspondent :-)
    http://www.facebook.com/Becorrespondent

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The steam cream is lovely, and after using the eye cream for 2 nights now, I am very happy.
      I agree, these items will not please everyone, however, I have decided to take another months...just in case.
      Their Customer Service and Feedback seems to be being taken on board.
      If you want to try something else, the one I'd aim for is the Latest in Beauty.
      You can see BEFORE you buy what you're getting! Mine is due today so updates on what I have will follow!
      This is a buy as you like service rather than a subscription. They also do smaller boxes, and other 'themed boxes'

      Heres the link...

      http://www.latestinbeauty.com/

      I still find Glossybox and such hit and miss...

      Let me know how you get on with the creams xx

      Delete