Tuesday 5 March 2013

My Make Up Storage - Photo Heavy!!

 
I always like seeing how other people store their make up.
Im a naturally messy person (shock horror) but still enjoy seeing all the bits in the right places!
 
My mother dear bought me my first storage solution for my make up - god knows how long ago - and now I see how incredibly popular it is amongst the blogosphere!! *check her blog here!!* Ive added to it over the years as my collection has grown and no doubt shall again!
 
I love my acrylic storage, its tidied away but I can still see where everything it too :)
 

TADA!
On the right, three slimmer drawers with all brushes and most pencils/liners and pens in the holder on the top plus the odd bits I use regularly...
These drawers contain some of my many lippies, as well as single eyeshadows and pigments...


The majority of my brushes and pencils and liners all just about squish in the top holder...I actually found this in TK Maxx for £3 - bargain! And yes - my brushes need a good clean!!

On top of the taller set I have more lippies, more foundation and some pefumes....these are the quick access grab items for work days - the femail equivalent of the splash and dash...!?
 



 These drawers are the wide drawers from Muji. I think they are a bargain at £12 ish. I have 3 stacked on each other, they have grooves on them so they dont slide off...very clever right!
 
Top drawes contain palletes - the infamous Urban Decay Naked - an absolute treasure,as well as the ELF warm palette, loads of colours - little expenditure! Plus as sneaky Sleek palette....



 
 
Yet more palettes - at least their easily stackable! Three from Urban Decay (the top white.cartoon one is an absolute vintage  - NO IDEA where it came from, what its called, fab colours though- eyeshadows, lip glosses and a blush in that little treasure...!) Dangerous Palette with eyeshadow primer - new in box - clearly a sign I have too much!
 Naked Basics - matte shadows - amazing and my go to when I cant be arsed with colour...
I also have the clinique quad as acquired from a lovely lady from BBB and my elf brow kit just hidden on the right.


 
A few more palettes *shocker* including the illamasqua sirens, topshop smokey eye palette and a laura mercier trio.
MAC LE blush with an amazing packaging design!
 


Just a few more single eyeshadows from Illa, plus my fave blushers, illamasqua katie (powder) and devour (cream).

 
A few more shadows in the shape of MAC paintpots (essentials!), pigments and some other eye products.
 
Pigments and more pigments! The right ones are inherited from my mother, vintage colours which are AMAZING...must remember to swatch/post these...I have very little details on this so would love to share and see if anyone could enlighten me!! Mary Quant I believe they are.
 
All the ones on the right are from a wonderful lady from BBB who sent me MAC pigments! EEP soooooo pretty!!!! I believe I may have blogged already...here

 
Lotions and potions. Im reusing glass jars to hold my cotton pads and excess brushes....and just a big  box at the mo for all the rest of my bits!



 
 
Tip of the iceberg anyone....!!
 
Very much a work in progress but Im pretty happy! Hoping to get my mits on a nice dressing table to use in the future as the poor drawers I have are knackered!!!
 
 
How do you store your make up???

 

 

5 comments:

  1. Wow you have a lot of make-up! I seem to be constantly running out of space for everything in my room. The room is getting smaller and smaller with all my things!
    This is a great shout, maybe I should buy one like this! At the moment all my tools are lying out on my vanity read to be used. And the brushes in a tin ha!
    Erica xo

    www.sushiturtlesandlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very organised Lauren, you have so many nice thing I want/need lol!

    Em

    x

    Em’s Mixed Bag

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Muji storage but I'd rather spend the storage money on more make up ;) for now my drawers are doing the job but it doesn't look as pretty lol x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your method!! I just ran out of drawer space!! xx

      Delete