Monday 4 March 2013

Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation Review


Foundation, I bloody hate buying it. I usually would just pick up the same as I normally use, but unfortunately, preggo skin mixed with curiosity and the vast number of new products out there made me try and venture out a little.
 
My usual wear would be the Revlon Photo Ready foundation or a Boujois one, this would depend on the time of the year or how much coverage I'm after.
 
I had a sample of the YSL Touch Eclat which I am a big fan of, but at close to £30 and a baby on the way (I cant foresee me me wearing a full face of make up much) I didn't feel the investment worth it.
 
I tried (and failed at liking) the infamous Estee Lauder Double Wear - it just made my face cakey.

So after becoming VERY bored at swatching different pink and yellow toned foundations I picked up the newest foundation from Revlon - Nearly Naked.
 
So much nudity involved in make up names these days thanks to UD....
 
The good thing is I already like Revlon, plus the idea of this being a lighter foundation coming into springtime and not wanting a heavy wintry coverage - this boasted to be light and barely there..... worth a shot ey.
 
I picked up shell - same as the photo ready range I have....


Packaging wise - meh. Naked I'd say!
 
BIG ISSUE - NO PUMP!
Why???????
Ridic. Seriously. I appreciate there is wastage issues with foundations/other products with pumps and you cant then get into the bottle after for those pesky last bits you don't want to bin, but to take the pump away all together is a pain.
I used the end of another brush to take the liquid out and then apply as needed....
 
Here's my mug for you....
I'm very pasty, and its very easy for me to go 'oompa loompa'. I think this has some definite yellow tones to it, pretty good though.
 
 
Coverage wise - did the job, blended well with my RT stippling brush and really doesn't feel like its there which is nice. Definitely a lighter/summer coverage foundation - if you like to feel covered this wont be for you. Maybe not so good with a bad skin day either.
 
 
 As I went through the day - I didn't feel it lasted brilliantly. Definitely looked a lot more tired than when I started out. But that's to be expected with such a light finish I suppose. I paid £7 for this on offer (usually £9 I believe). I'm happy enough will be good for summer for sure, but glad I picked up a second foundation - watch this space for review....!
 
Over 7.5/10
 
Do you change your foundation in the warmer months? Do you prefer a heavy or lighter product??

No comments:

Post a Comment