Friday 20 April 2012

Beauty Box Swaps


Some readers may already know about the PHENOMENON that is the Beauty Box Swaps  pages of Facebook.


Created by Lucy Brown with the idea to swap the items from each months Beauty Boxes (Glossy Box, JolieBox, She Said Beauty etc) that you wouldn't use yourself, or may be the wrong colours for you, for other items that you would use!

Genius right?!?

It gets better - this FAB idea has evolved, not just from Beauty Box Swapping to ALL make up/accessories and now even clothes and shoes - its ebay but better!

99% of the women I have spoken and swapped with have been divine. Just like myself, total make up junkies, giving advice to everyone from best brand of nail polish, to free shipping codes and offers on websites - never have I had such like minded friends! And yes they are my friends!

To outsiders (including my other half) people would think we are nuts - swapping make up?! But wow does it become addictive...

You get the opportunity to try things you may not have before, de-clutter your own items and swap for something you really love, and pleasing someone else at the same time!

The things that spring up on there are hilarious, from Merkins (feel free to google that one) to Harry Potter obsessives (yes-thats me) to just having a general moan and have these lovely ladies pick you up when you feel down....probably the best online community to be a part of...!

The generosity of these ladies would warm the cockles of anyone - including the aforementioned Other half, when I was sent a beautiful little purse for the Munchkin, with little sweeties hidden inside...!

I myself have recieved brand new MAC items, OPI, Scarfs, Yankee Candles, Perfume, Lipsticks, as well as those pesky items Im not a fan of from my Glossyboxes finding a brand new home where they have been loved!

Ive saved STACKS of money, tried things I'd never have before and made a ton of friends, my advice - come see us!

1 comment: