Thursday 26 April 2012

NOTD Sunset Pastels

Perusing my new ASOS magazine I saw a pic of some delicious nails. Reading the 'how to' part it looked simple enough for a rookie like me to attempt...here it is!

1- Base coat, I used Models Own 3in1.
I never used to use a base coat, lazy me, but it REALLY help prevent chipping! And also I find the colour goes on a lot better and more even with this Models Own!

2- Base colour - I've used Barry M in Peach Melba. I have applied two coats.

3- The effect - Again a Barry M in Blur Moon. Take the brush and remove most of the polish from it, from the side of the nail, mid way down place a small amount of polish and sweep across to the middle of the nail which will thin the colour.

The great thing is that there's no precision needed as its just to two-tone the nail. The ASOS instructions say to apply another amount across the very top of the nail, but I haven't as like th effect as is.

4- On the ring finger I have free-handed a little birdie! Using the Models Own WAH nail pen in black.

5- Top Coat! By chance, my new Seche Vite arrived this morning so I've used that as top coat. Silky smooth and super-fast drying this has been raved about....watch this space for opinions!!

Overall super easy! Give it a go!! (Please exsqueeze my lack of tidying the nails up before posting pic!)


No comments:

Post a Comment